15 May 2010

Asari Clam with Sake


Look how fat these clams are!  They are so full in their shells.  It's usually says that the season of clams is Spring in Japan.  Clams are very season sensitive.  If you miss the season, insides  can be very thin.  This particular clams are called "Asari" and they are good to eat as this, just to cook with some Sake or to put in Miso soup.  "Linguine con le vongole" is another excellent way to taste the clams.

I found this beautiful Asari in city super the other day, I thought I must have them now.  To be honest I've never seen Asari so big as these in Japan, as you know City super only imports the best.  Well, actually when I cooked them it slightly lucked the favor of the sea.  I guess it was due to the transportation and the time passed from Japan.  Yet it was very tasty.

一週間程前、シティースーパではまぐりか?と見間違える程大振りな日本産のアサリを見つけた。5月はまさに貝のシーズンということで早速酒蒸しにしてみた。身は驚くほど肥えていた。しかしなんとも磯の香りが薄かった。やっぱり輸入品とはこういう事かと思ったが、それでも香港で日本の貝を頂けることに感謝する。

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.